Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why I started this blog?!?

I basically started this blog to motivate myself to get back to where I was before I had my son who is now 11 months.I also started this blog because I love to write, shop and meet new people! Boy do I love social media!

To be honest, I don't have any pictures of myself to post right now, because I don't take pictures anymore. The only picture I really have of myself was this past Halloween when I decided to dress decent and take a photo with my son (I'll post later this evening).

I’ve always loved fashion and everything about it. I wouldn’t dare walk out of the house without makeup on or my hair done. I’m ashamed to go around my friends now, because I’ve completed let myself go and am too ashamed to be around them. I haven’t permed my  hair in almost 2 years (May 2012), and I haven’t had my eyebrows done in Months.

If you knew me before I had my son and were to see me now, you’d be shocked.

So, I won’t share this blog with my friends until I can get back to my normal weight which was 125lbs, size 0 (I’ll settle for a 2 or 4). I’ll occasionally share photos of my progress, but I now weigh 155lbs!

Follow me as I reach my goal of getting back to my normal size and attempt to regain my fashion life! I love entertaining, shopping, trying new products, taking pictures, crafts and most importantly BLOGGING!

I’d love to meet some new friends along the way! Let’s have some fun!

6 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of success in your journey. My sister lost over 120 lbs a few years ago and has kept the majority of it off. I know you can do it!

    @pizzalogger from twitter
    savvysweeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I say this to myself everyday, I can do whatever I put my mind to. Earlier this year I was 71 kilos and now I am 61 kilos, it took me a while because I am also having thyroid problems but despite that I know I can achieve my goal weight. Sometimes I cheated (shame on me) because I'm a baker and I bake a lot but remember love yourself unconditionally! You can do it! You go girl! Thanks for being my member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! Missed the gym tonight, but will hopefully stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!!!you are a super mommyyy!!!a great inspiration for others...
    Please come check out my blog n follow eachother..
    wish we can be blog friends ^_^
    http://deesbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome that you have set goals for yourself and are tracking your progress! I believe that you can do it!

    I know where you are coming from because that was me after I had my children 18 months apart. I stayed in the house, didn't want to be around any of my old friends, and had somewhat let myself go. I didn't dress up anymore and didn't care to be the life of the party either.

    But a few short years ago I took control. I went back to school, re-entered the workforce, and found and re-vamped the old me. It wasn't easy, and I definitely thank God that I had a small group of really supportive people. I'm not the size I was before, but I like the woman I have become.

    I am rooting for you and I wish you the best on your journey! If you ever need advice or words of encouragement, feel free to hit me up!

    missdre910@gmail.com
    www.twitter.com/sodrewrites
    www.soshewritesbymissdre.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dre for your comment. At least I know I'm not the only one out there struggling with this! Its so funny because never in a million years did I think I would gain so much weight. Not to say being curvy isn't beautiful! However when I have to throw every single clothing item and shoe that I have, its a problem!

    I even have to buy a new size for underwear too! I'd rather lose the weight and fit back into my old clothes rather than buy an entire new wardrobe! I even wear the same boots everyday...Lol!

    Lets keep in touch! I went to the gym tonight so I'm hoping to get back on track real soon!

    ReplyDelete